- Our Businesses
Operational since July 2008, VE Commercial Vehicles Ltd. (VECV) comprises of five business verticals – Eicher Trucks and Buses, Volvo Trucks India, Eicher Engineering Components and VE Powertrain. VECV includes the complete range of Eicher's commercial vehicles, components and engineering design businesses, as well as the sales and distribution of Volvo trucks. Each of its business units is already well-established and backed by a sizable customer base.
EICHER TRUCKS AND BUSES
On December 2, 2013, Eicher unveiled its “Eicher Pro” series of future generation trucks and buses at an impressive product reveal function in Pithampur. Adopting the most professional and holistic approach to modernize the Indian trucking industry, the brand’s new “Go Pro” philosophy offers higher productivity, profitability, and prosperity to the customers. The new Pro series promises to deliver:
- Best-in-class fuel efficiency
- Higher loading capacity
- Superior uptime
- Higher overall vehicle lifetime profitably
VOLVO TRUCKS INDIA
Volvo Trucks is the first manufacturer to introduce the European design, high-performance trucks with state-of-the-art technologies in India. For an all-round solution, Volvo pioneered the driver training concept in the commercial vehicles segment in India, and has trained over 30,000 drivers operating Volvo vehicles across the country. Complementing the trucks, Volvo offers a wide range of Service Agreements to help customers plan the maintenance of their vehicles.
EICHER ENGINEERING COMPONENTS
Eicher Engineering Components (EEC), established in 1992, is the automotive component division of VECV and one of the largest gear manufacturers in India. EEC has four manufacturing plans – one at Thane (Maharashtra), two at Dewas (Madhya Pradesh), and one at Pithampur (Madhya Pradesh), for meeting all its manufacturing requirements. Besides, it is continuously upgrading its technology to ensure that the products available in the market are of the best quality and competitively priced.
- Manufacturers of differential gears, transmission gears, and shafts for a large domestic and global clientele, both in OEM as well as spare-parts section
- Supplies gear boxes to industrial, agricultural and other segments in the United States and Canada
Commemorating the successful completion of 10 years of partnership, VECV announced the commencement of commercial production at the technologically most advanced engine manufacturing plant in India at Pithampur, Madhya Pradesh. The initial capacity of the plant was set at 25,000 units per annum in Phase 1 at an investment of Rs 375 crores, and was due to increase to 100,000 units per annum with an additional investment of Rs 125 crores.
- Global hub for meeting medium-duty automotive engine requirements of Volvo Group for five and eight-liter engines
- The Euro 6-compliant diesel base engines will be supplied to Volvo Group plant in Venissieux, France, where they will be assembled for the Volvo Group Euro 6 requirements
- The same platform will be adapted to Euro 3 and 4 engine (BS3/BS4) technologies to meet the VECV and other Volvo Group requirements for this type of engines in Asia