- Press Releases
- VE Commercial Vehicles sells 5964 units in July 2018, recording a growth of 36.7%
VE Commercial Vehicles sells 5964 units in July 2018, recording a growth of 36.7%
VE Commercial Vehicles Ltd. (A Volvo Group and Eicher Motors joint venture) recorded sales of 5964 units in July 2018 as compared to 4363 units in July 2017, recording a growth of 36.7%. This includes 5916 units of Eicher brand and 48 units of Volvo brand.
Following are the key highlights for July 2018:
- Eicher branded trucks & buses have recorded sales of 5916 units in July 2018 (YTD 22045 units) as compared to 4320 units in July 2017 (LYTD 15821 units), representing a growth of 36.9%.
- In the domestic CV market, Eicher branded trucks & buses have recorded sales of 5158 units in July 2018 (YTD 19312 units) as compared to 3718 units in July 2017 (LYTD 13631 units) representing a growth of 38.7%.
- On the Exports front, Eicher branded trucks & buses have recorded sales of 758 units in July 2018 (YTD 2733 units) as compared to 602 units in July 2017 (LYTD 2190 units), representing a growth of 25.9%.
- Volvo Trucks has recorded sales of 48 units in July 2018 (YTD 246 units) as compared to 43 units in July 2017 (LYTD 125 units), representing a growth of over 11.6%.
All statements included or incorporated by reference in this media release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by us. Although VE Commercial Vehicles believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement was made, and VE Commercial Vehicles undertakes no obligation to Update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. No assurance can be given that actual results, performance or achievement expressed in, or implied by, forward-looking statements within this disclosure will occur, or if they do, that any benefits can be derived from them.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.