- Press Releases
- VE Commercial Vehicles sells 5365 units in April 2016, recording a robust growth of 36.5%
VE Commercial Vehicles sells 5365 units in April 2016, recording a robust growth of 36.5%
VE Commercial Vehicles Ltd. (A Volvo Group and Eicher Motors joint venture) has sold 5365 units in April 2016 as compared to 3930 units in April 2015 recording a growth of 36.5%. This includes 5326 units of Eicher brand and 39 units of Volvo brand.
The following are the key highlights for April 2016
- Eicher branded trucks and buses have recorded total sales of 5326 units in April 2016 as compared to 3838 units in April 2015, representing a growth of 38.8%.
- In the domestic CV market, Eicher branded tucks & buses have recorded sales of 4641 units in April 2016 as compared to 3503 units in April 2015, representing a growth of 32.5%.
- On the Exports front Eicher branded tucks & buses have recorded sales of 685 units in April 2016 as compared to 335 units in April 2015, representing a growth of 104.5%.
- Volvo trucks have recorded sales of 39 units in April 2016 as compared to 92 units in April 2015.
All statements included or incorporated by reference in this media release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward?looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by us. Although VE Commercial Vehicles believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement was made, and VE Commercial Vehicles undertakes no obligation to Update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. No assurance can be given that actual results, performance or achievement expressed in, or implied by, forward-looking statements within this disclosure will occur, or if they do, that any benefits can be derived from them.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.