- Press Releases
- VE Commercial Vehicles sells 4571 units in August 2017, recording a growth of 9.1%
VE Commercial Vehicles sells 4571 units in August 2017, recording a growth of 9.1%
VE Commercial Vehicles Ltd. (A Volvo Group and Eicher Motors joint venture) sold 4571units in August 2017 as compared to 4191 units in August 2016, recording a growth of 9.1%.This includes4521 units of Eicher brand and 50 units of Volvo brand.
Following are the key highlights for August 2017:
- Eicher branded trucks & buses have recorded a total sale of 4521 units in August 2017 (YTD 20338units) as compared to 4100units in August2016 (LYTD 24329 units), recording a growth of 10.3%
- In the domestic CV market, Eicher branded trucks & buses have recorded sales of 3818units (YTD 17445 units) in August2017 as compared to 3450 units in August2016 (LYTD 20716 units)representing a growth of 10.47%.
- On the Exports front, Eicher branded trucks & buses recorded a total sale of 703units in August 2017 (YTD 2893 units) as compared to 650 units in August 2016 (LYTD 3613 units) representing a growth of 8.2%
- Volvo Trucks has recorded sales of 50 units in August2017 (YTD 175units) as compared to 91 units in August 2016 (LYTD 307 units).
All statements included or incorporated by reference in this media release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward?looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by us. Although VE Commercial Vehicles believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement was made, and VE Commercial Vehicles undertakes no obligation to Update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. No assurance can be given that actual results, performance or achievement expressed in, or implied by, forward-looking statements within this disclosure will occur, or if they do, that any benefits can be derived from them.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.