- Press Releases
- VE Commercial Vehicles records highest ever monthly sales with 9411 units in March 2018, recording a growth of 28.4%
VE Commercial Vehicles records highest ever monthly sales with 9411 units in March 2018, recording a growth of 28.4%
VE Commercial Vehicles Ltd. (A Volvo Group and Eicher Motors joint venture) recorded the highest ever sales for a month with 9411 units in March 2018 as compared to 7327 units in March 2017, recording a growth of 28.4%. This includes 9245 units of Eicher brand and 166 units of Volvo brand.
Following are the key highlights for March 2018:
- Eicher branded trucks & buses have recorded sales of 9245 units in March 2018 (YTD 64866) units) as compared to 7088 units in March 2017 (LYTD 57566 units), recording a growth of 30.4%. Further,
- In the domestic CV market, Eicher branded trucks & buses have recorded sales of 7980 units (YTD 55865 units) in March 2018 as compared to 6410 units in March 2017 (LYTD 49533 units) representing a growth of 24.5%.
- On the Exports front, Eicher branded trucks & buses have recorded the highest ever sales in a financial year with 9001 units in 2018 as compared to 8033 units in 2017. March 2018 recorded sales of 1265 units as compared to 678 units in March 2017, representing a growth of 86.6%.
- Volvo Trucks has recorded sales of 166 units in March 2018 (YTD 1055 units) as compared to 239 units in March 2017 (LYTD 1163 units).
All statements included or incorporated by reference in this media release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward?looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by us. Although VE Commercial Vehicles believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement was made, and VE Commercial Vehicles undertakes no obligation to Update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. No assurance can be given that actual results, performance or achievement expressed in, or implied by, forward-looking statements within this disclosure will occur, or if they do, that any benefits can be derived from them.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.