Next Generation Volvo 9600 and Eicher Inter-City Coach Launched at Prawaas 3.0
- Volvo Buses India unveils Volvo 9600 15m and 13.5m coach, inspired by award-winning European design
- Eicher 13.5m Intercity coach unveiled as a part of their new intercity platform
- These intercity coaches are set to shape the future of the Indian bus industry by enhancing passenger experience on the back of superior luxury, comfort and safety
- These futuristic models offer High-performance driveline and aerodynamics body design enabling driver and passenger comfort
August 4, 2022, Hyderabad: VE Commercial Vehicles Ltd., today unveiled the next generation Volvo and Eicher intercity buses at Prawaas 3.0. Among the buses unveiled at the event are the newly launched Volvo 9600 15m and 13.5m intercity coach which has been inspired by an award-winning European design, and the Eicher 13.5m Intercity Coach. Mr. Vinod Aggarwal, MD & CEO, VE Commercial Vehicles Ltd., and Mr. Akash Passey, President, Bus Division, VECV were present at the event to unveil these best-in-class vehicles that reiterate the company’s continued focus on delivering futuristic industry leading products.
Speaking on the launch, Vinod Aggarwal, MD & CEO, VE Commercial Vehicles Ltd., said, “Indian bus industry is on the path of revival. With the market opening up across segments, inter-city travel is picking up robustly and will soon touch pre-COVID levels. In such a scenario, the state of the art, industry-leading modern and luxurious buses from Volvo and Eicher will set new benchmarks in long-distance travel and pave the path for the industry. This strong line-up of next-gen buses promise comfort and safety combined with greater efficiency that offers a truly superlative customer experience.”
Akash Passey, President, Bus Division, VECV, added, "The Volvo 9600 and the Eicher Intercity Coach are a testimony to our commitment towards redefining the bus industry in India. These vehicles truly demonstrate our 'Make in India' commitment. The bus segment is a very competitive market, and we have a range of products that offer the most compelling proposition across all segments, including the inter-city long distance travel. We will continue to build on our portfolio of technologically advanced and sustainable products that address the evolving market needs while delivering an unparallel customer experience.
Inter-city vehicles showcased at Prawaas 3.0:
- The debut of the next-generation Volvo 9600 coach by Volvo Buses, marks a significant milestone in its more than two-decade-old journey in India. The initial products on this platform are sleeper and seater coaches with dimensions of 15m 6x2 and 13.5m 4x2. The Volvo 9600 is a benchmark in luxury, comfort and safety, thanks to its award-winning European design. Fine aesthetics and ample room are combined in the distinctive tall boy design. The sleeping coach has 40 berths, but the 15-meter seater coach can accommodate 55 passengers. There is 15.1 cubic metres of luggage space in the seater application and 9.2 cubic metres in the sleeper application. Up to 47 people can sit in the 13.5-meter coach, while 36 people can sleep in the sleeper version. In relation to
- Eicher 13.5m Intercity Coach, addresses operators demand for a mid-premium HD bus and is the latest addition to the Eicher intercity platform. Proven engine performance, class-leading reliability, and improved functionality are some of the hallmarks of the range. The first OEM-built FE Coach with seater and sleeper configuration, the bus holds a VEDX5 engine with a power of 240 hp and torque of 900 Nm. Its 425L HDPE fuel tank promises long uninterrupted trips, while its lightweight construction improves fuel efficiency. The sleek Tall Boy design and layered surfaces of the modern aerodynamics immediately exude aesthetic appeal.
The Eicher Skyline Pro E, a fully electric city bus is also featured by VECV at the event. With orders from the prestigious cities of Chandigarh and Surat in place, the Eicher Skyline Pro E is firmly positioned to offer city bus passengers an emission-free ride.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.