Eicher trucks and buses record 9% growth in sales in June 2012
The following are the key highlights for June 2012
- Despite overall slowdown being witnessed in the Commercial vehicles industry, Eicher branded trucks and buses have recorded sales of 4064 units in the month of June 2012 which is 9.2% higher than June 2011 sales. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 26059 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 23412 units, representing a growth of 11.3%. While all product segments have recorded growth over June 2011, the growth is driven by buses which have recorded sale of 1114 units in June 2012 a growth of 23.8% over June 2011 and LMD (5-14t) trucks which have recorded 4.8% growth over June 2011. Exports have recorded 177.6% growth.
- In the domestic CV Market ( 5T and Above), Eicher branded Trucks and Buses have recorded a growth of 4.2% in June 2012 as compared to June 2011. The June 2012 figure stood at 3767 units as compared to 3616 units in June 2011. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 24685 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 21917 units, representing a growth of 12.6%.
- In the domestic Bus segment, Eicher Buses have recorded a 16.6% growth. The June 2012 sales stand at 1049 units as compared to 900 units in June 2011. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 4826 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 3398 units, representing a 42% growth.
- The heavy-duty (HD) Eicher branded trucks have recorded sales of 523 units in the domestic market as against 493 units in June 2011, representing a growth of 6.1%. YTD Eicher HD sales are 4197 units as against 3331 units in 2011, representing a 26% growth.
- On the Exports front Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded sales of 297 units in June 2012 as against 107 units in June 2011, representing a growth of 177.6%. The exports pipeline continues to be very healthy.
Disclaimer: All statements included or incorporated by reference in this media release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by us. Although VE Commercial Vehicles believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement was made, and VE Commercial Vehicles undertakes no obligation to Update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. No assurance can be given that actual results, performance or achievement expressed in, or implied by, forward-looking statements within this disclosure will occur, or if they do, that any benefits can be derived from them.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.