Eicher Trucks and Buses record 28% growth in sales in Oct 2011
Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded sales of 4205 units in the month of Oct 2011 .
The following are the key highlights for Oct 2011
- The sale of 4205 units in Oct 2011 is 28% higher than the sales of Eicher Trucks and Buses in Oct 2010. The YTD 2011 figure stands at 40,038 units as compared to YTD 2010 figure of 31,448 units, representing a YTD growth of 27%.
- Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded a growth of 35% in the domestic CV market (5T & above) in Oct 2011 when compared to Oct 2010. The October 2011 figure stands at 4135 units as compared to 3070 units in Oct 2010. The YTD 2011 figure stands at 37,546 units as compared to YTD 2010 figure of 29,519 representing a growth of 27%.
- In 5-12t light & medium duty truck segment it has recorded 23% growth. The October 2011 figure ( 5-12 T Segment) stands at 2969 units as compared to 2420 units in October 2010. The YTD 2011 figure stands at 25,821 units as compared to YTD 2010 figure of 21,640 units representing a YTD growth of 19%.
- In the Bus segment, Eicher Trucks and Buses has recorded 98% growth. The October 2011 sales stand at 480 units as compared to 242 units in October 2010. The YTD 2011 figure stand at 5870 units as compared to YTD 2010 figure of 4441 units.
- The heavy-duty (HD) Eicher trucks have recorded a growth of 68% over Oct 2010 in the domestic market. The October 2011 sales stand at 686 units as compared to 408 units in Oct 2010. The YTD 2011 figure stands at 5855 units as compared to YTD 2010 figure of 3438 units, registering a YTD growth of 70%.
- On the Exports front Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded a sale of 70 units in Oct 2011. YTD exports stand at 2492 units registering a 29% growth over YTD 2010.
About ‘Eicher Trucks and Buses’:
Eicher Trucks and Buses is a business area of VE Commercial Vehicles Limited. Its product lineup includes trucks in the range of 5-40 T GVW and 21-69 seater buses, apart from 85 special application vehicles like troop carriers, ambulances and garbage disposal trucks. On the export front, Eicher Trucks and Buses is present in as many as 26 countries.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.