Eicher Trucks and Buses record 25% growth in sales in Dec 2011
Eicher Trucks and Buses ends year with 48, 337 units, representing a 27% growth
Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded sales of 5051 units in the month of Dec 2011 .
The following are the key highlights for Dec 2011
- The sale of 5051 units in Dec 2011 is 25.3% higher than the sales of Eicher Trucks and Buses in Dec2010. The Calendar year 2011 figure stands at 48,337 units as compared to 2010 figure of 38,181 units, representing a growth of 27%.
- Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded a growth of 32% in the domestic CV market (5T & above) in Dec 2011 when compared to Dec 2010. The YTD 2011 figure stands at 45229 units as compared to YTD 2010 figure of 35,464 units, representing a growth of 28%.
- In 5-12t light & medium duty truck segment it has recorded 18% growth in domestic market. The December 2011 figure (5-12 T Segment) stands at 3197 units as compared to 2706 units in December 2010. The YTD 2011 figure stands at 31,381 units as compared to 2010 figure of 26,426 units representing a YTD growth of 19%.
- In the Bus segment, Eicher Trucks and Buses has recorded 89% growth. The December 2011 sales stand at 376 units as compared to 199 units in December 2010. The YTD 2011 figure stand at 6496 units as compared to YTD 2010 figure of 4819 units, representing a growth of 35%.
- The heavy-duty (HD) Eicher trucks have recorded a growth of 80% over Dec 2010 in the domestic market. The December 2011 sales are the highest ever monthly sales and stand at 939 units as compared to 521 units in Dec 2010. The YTD 2011 figure stands at 7352 units as compared to YTD 2010 figure of 4219 units, registering a YTD growth of 74%.
- On the Exports front Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded a sale of 539 units in Dec 2011. YTD exports stand at 3108 units registering a 14% growth over YTD 2010.
Disclaimer: All statements included or incorporated by reference in this media release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by us. Although VE Commercial Vehicles believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement was made, and VE Commercial Vehicles undertakes no obligation to Update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. No assurance can be given that actual results, performance or achievement expressed in, or implied by, forward-looking statements within this disclosure will occur, or if they do, that any benefits can be derived from them.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.