- Press Releases
- Eicher Trucks and Buses record 20% growth in sales in Sep 2011
Eicher Trucks and Buses record 20% growth in sales in Sep 2011
Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded sales of 4627 units in the month of Sep 2011 .
The following are the key highlights for Sep 2011
- The sale of 4627 units in Sep 2011 is 20% higher than the sales of Eicher Trucks and Buses in Sep 2010.
- Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded a growth of 13.3% in the domestic CV market (5T & above) in Sep 2011 when compared to Sep 2010. In 5-12t light & medium duty truck segment it has recorded 16.4% growth.
- The ‘VE Series’ of fuel-efficient heavy-duty (HD) Eicher trucks have recorded a growth of 11% over Sep 2010 in the domestic market.
- On the Exports front Eicher Trucks and Buses have also recorded a sale of 475 units which is 139% higher than 199 units in Sep 2010.
About ‘Eicher Trucks and Buses’:
Eicher Trucks and Buses is a business area of VE Commercial Vehicles Limited. Its product line-up includes trucks in the range of 5-40 T GVW and 21-69 seater buses, apart from 85 special application vehicles like troop carriers, ambulances and garbage disposal trucks. On the export front, Eicher Trucks and Buses is present in as many as 26 countries.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.