Eicher Trucks and Buses record 20% growth in sales in Nov 2011
Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded sales of 3248 units in the month of Nov 2011 .
The following are the key highlights for Nov 2011
- The sale of 3248 units in Nov 2011 is 20% higher than the sales of Eicher Trucks and Buses in Nov 2010. The YTD 2011 figure stands at 43,286 units as compared to YTD 2010 figure of 34,151 units, representing a YTD growth of 27%.
- Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded a growth of 26% in the domestic CV market (5T & above) in Nov 2011 when compared to Nov 2010. The November figure stands at 3171 units as against 2519 units in Nov 2010. The YTD 2011 figure stands at 40,717 units as against YTD 2010 figure of 32,038 units, representing YTD growth of 27%
- In 5-12t light & medium duty truck segment it has recorded 14% growth. The November 2011 figure ( 5-12 T Segment) stands at 2367 units as compared to 2080 units in November 2010. The YTD 2011 figure stands at 28,189 units as compared to YTD 2010 figure of 23,720 units representing a YTD growth of 19%.
- In the Bus segment, Eicher Trucks and Buses has recorded 39% growth. The November 2011 sales stand at 249 units as compared to 179 units in November 2010. The YTD 2011 figure stand at 6118 units as compared to YTD 2010 figure of 4620 units a growth of 32%.
- The heavy-duty (HD) Eicher trucks have recorded a growth of 113.5% over Nov 2010 in the domestic market. The November 2011 sales stand at 555 units as compared to 260 units in Nov 2010. The YTD 2011 figure stands at 6410 units as compared to YTD 2010 figure of 3698 units, registering a YTD growth of 73%.
- On the Exports front Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded a sale of 77 units in Nov 2011. YTD exports stand at 2569 units registering a 22% growth over YTD 2010.
About ‘Eicher Trucks and Buses’:
Eicher Trucks and Buses is a business area of VE Commercial Vehicles Limited. Its product lineup includes trucks in the range of 5-40 T GVW and 21-69 seater buses, apart from 85 special application vehicles like troop carriers, ambulances and garbage disposal trucks. On the export front, Eicher Trucks and Buses is present in as many as 26 countries.
Disclaimer: All statements included or incorporated by reference in this media release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by us. Although VE Commercial Vehicles believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement was made, and VE Commercial Vehicles undertakes no obligation to Update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. No assurance can be given that actual results, performance or achievement expressed in, or implied by, forward-looking statements within this disclosure will occur, or if they do, that any benefits can be derived from them.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.