Eicher sells 3945 units in Oct 2012
Domestic bus and heavy duty truck segment registers growth
The following are the key highlights for Oct 2012
- For the month of October, Eicher branded trucks and buses have recorded sales of 3945 units which is 6.2% lower than Oct 2011 sales. The YTD 2012 sales of Eicher branded trucks and buses stand at 40665 units as compared to LYTD 2011 sales of 40038 units, representing a growth of 1.6%.
- In the domestic CV Market ( 5T and Above), Eicher branded trucks and buses have recorded sales of 3830 units as compared to 4135 units in Oct 2011, representing a drop of 7.4%. The YTD 2012 sales for Eicher branded trucks and buses stand at 38745 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 37546 units, representing a growth of 3.2%
- In the domestic Bus segment, the October 2012 sales stand at 493 units as compared to 480 units in Oct 2011, representing a 2.8 % growth.. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 7645 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 5869 units, representing a 30.3% growth.
- In the Heavy Duty truck segment, the sales stand at 705 units in the domestic market as against 686 units in Oct 2011. YTD Eicher HD sales stand at 6517 units as against 5858 units in 2011, representing a growth of 11.2%
- On the Exports front Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded sales of 115 units in Oct 2012 as against 70 units in Oct 2011, representing a growth of 64.3%
Disclaimer: All statements included or incorporated by reference in this media release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by us. Although VE Commercial Vehicles believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement was made, and VE Commercial Vehicles undertakes no obligation to Update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. No assurance can be given that actual results, performance or achievement expressed in, or implied by, forward-looking statements within this disclosure will occur, or if they do, that any benefits can be derived from them.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.