- Press Releases
- Eicher records sale of 3909 units in Aug 2012
Eicher records sale of 3909 units in Aug 2012
The following are the key highlights for Aug 2012
- Eicher branded trucks and buses have recorded sales of 3909 units in the month of Aug 2012 which is 7.3% higher than Aug 2011 sales. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 33570 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 31206 units, representing a growth of 7.6%. The growth is driven by buses which have recorded sale of 843 units in Aug 2012, representing a growth of 53.6% over Aug 2011
- In the domestic CV Market (5T and above), Eicher branded Trucks and Buses have recorded a growth of 9% in Aug 2012 as compared to Aug 2011. The Aug 2012 figure stood at 3712 units as compared to 3407 units in Aug2011. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 31889 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 29259 units, representing a growth of 9%.
- In the domestic Bus segment, Eicher Buses have recorded a 43.8% growth. The Aug 2012 sales stand at 785 units as compared to 546 units in Aug 2011. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 6540 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 4841 units, representing a 35.1% growth.
- The heavy-duty (HD) Eicher trucks have recorded sales of 610 units in the domestic market as against 604 units in Aug 2011. YTD Eicher HD sales are 5369 units as against 4536 units in 2011, representing 18.4% growth.
Disclaimer: All statements included or incorporated by reference in this media release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by us. Although VE Commercial Vehicles believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement was made, and VE Commercial Vehicles undertakes no obligation to Update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. No assurance can be given that actual results, performance or achievement expressed in, or implied by, forward-looking statements within this disclosure will occur, or if they do, that any benefits can be derived from them.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.