Eicher records 9.8% growth in Nov 2012
The following are the key highlights for Nov 2012
- Eicher branded trucks and buses have recorded sales of 3565 units in Nov 2012 which is 9.8% higher than Nov 2011 sales of 3248 units. The YTD 2012 sales of Eicher branded trucks and buses stand at 44230 units as compared to LYTD 2011 sales of 43286 units, representing a growth of 2.2%.
- In the domestic CV Market (5T and Above), Eicher branded trucks and buses have recorded sales of 3418 units as compared to 3171 units in Nov 2011, representing a growth of 7.8%. The YTD 2012 domestic sales for Eicher branded trucks and buses stand at 42163 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 40717 units, representing a growth of 3.6%
- In the domestic Bus segment, the Nov 2012 sales stand at 429 units as compared to 249 units in Nov 2011, representing a growth of 72.3%. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 8074 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 6118 units, representing a 32% growth.
- In the Heavy Duty truck segment, where the industry is seeing a substantial slowdown, Eicher sales stand at 504 units in the domestic market as against 555 units in Nov 2011. YTD Eicher HD sales stand at 7021 units as compared to 6413 units in 2011, representing a growth of 9.5%.
- On the exports front Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded sales of 147 units in Nov 2012 as compared to 77 units in Nov 2011, representing a growth of 91%.
Disclaimer: All statements included or incorporated by reference in this media release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by us. Although VE Commercial Vehicles believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement was made, and VE Commercial Vehicles undertakes no obligation to Update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. No assurance can be given that actual results, performance or achievement expressed in, or implied by, forward-looking statements within this disclosure will occur, or if they do, that any benefits can be derived from them.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.