- Press Releases
- Eicher branded trucks and buses record highest ever monthly sales of 6051 units in March 2012
Eicher branded trucks and buses record highest ever monthly sales of 6051 units in March 2012
- Eicher branded trucks and buses have recorded highest ever monthly sales of 6051 units in the month of March 2012. It is 19.5% higher than the March 2011 sales figures which stood at 5065 units. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 14195 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 12505 units, representing a growth of around 14%
- In the domestic CV market (5T and above), the growth of Eicher branded Trucks and Buses is even better and stands at 22.5%. The Mar 2012 figure stands at 5786 units as compared to 4722 units in Mar 2011. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 13523 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 11742 units, representing a growth of 15%.
- In the Bus segment, Eicher branded buses have recorded 56.5% growth. The Mar 2012 sales stand at 1080 units as compared to 690 units in March 2011. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 2043 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 1270 units, representing a 61% growth.
- The heavy-duty (HD) Eicher branded trucks have recorded their highest ever monthly sales of 1118 units in the domestic market as against 769 units in March 2011, representing a growth of 45.4% YTD Eicher HD sales are 2291 units as against 1924 units in 2011, representing a 19% growth.
- On the Exports front Eicher branded trucks and Buses have recorded sales of 265 units in March 2012 as against 343 units in March 2011. The YTD 2012 figures stand at 672 units.
Disclaimer: All statements included or incorporated by reference in this media release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by us. Although VE Commercial Vehicles believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement was made, and VE Commercial Vehicles undertakes no obligation to Update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. No assurance can be given that actual results, performance or achievement expressed in, or implied by, forward-looking statements within this disclosure will occur, or if they do, that any benefits can be derived from them.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.