- Press Releases
- Eicher branded trucks and buses record 14.8% growth in sales in April 2012
Eicher branded trucks and buses record 14.8% growth in sales in April 2012
The following are the key highlights for April 2012
- Eicher branded trucks and buses have recorded sales of 4213 units in the month of April 2012 which is 14.8% higher than April 2011 sales. The April 2011 figure stood at 3669 units. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 18408 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 16174 units, representing a growth of 13.8%.
- In the domestic CV Market (5T and above), Eicher branded Trucks and Buses have recorded a higher growth of 18.2% in Apr 2012 as compared to Apr 2011. The Apr 2012 figure stood at 3963 units as compared to 3353 units in Apr 2011. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 17486 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 15095 units, representing a growth of 16%.
- In the Bus segment, Eicher branded Buses have recorded a 33% growth. The Apr 2012 sales stand at 802 units as compared to 602 units in Apr 2011. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 2845 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 1873 units, representing a 52% growth.
- The heavy-duty (HD) Eicher trucks have recorded sales of 782 units in the domestic market as against 513 units in Apr 2011, representing a growth of 52.4%. YTD Eicher HD sales are 3073 units as against 2437 units in 2011, representing a 26% growth.
- On the Exports front Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded sales of 250 units in April 2012 as against 316 units in April 2011. However the exports pipeline continues to be very healthy.
Disclaimer: All statements included or incorporated by reference in this media release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by us. Although VE Commercial Vehicles believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement was made, and VE Commercial Vehicles undertakes no obligation to Update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. No assurance can be given that actual results, performance or achievement expressed in, or implied by, forward-looking statements within this disclosure will occur, or if they do, that any benefits can be derived from them.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.