Eicher Trucks and Buses record sales of 3708 units in Jan 2012
Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded sales of 3708 units in the month of Jan 2012.
The following are the key highlights for Jan 2012
- The sale of 3708 units in Jan 2012 is 5% higher than the sales of Eicher Trucks and Buses in Jan 2011.
- Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded a growth of 6% in the domestic CV market (5T & above) in Jan 2012 as compared to Jan 2011. The Jan 2012 figure stood at 3551 units
- . In the Bus segment, 365 units were sold in Jan 2012 as compared to 200 units in January 2011.
- The heavy-duty (HD) Eicher trucks have recorded a growth of 10% over Jan 2011 in the domestic market. The Jan 2012 sales stood at 579 units as compared to 527 units in Jan 2011
- In exports, Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded a sale of 157 units in Jan 2012 as against 167 units in Jan 2011. However the exports pipeline continues to be very healthy.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.