VE Commercial Vehicles Limited is a joint venture between the Volvo Group (Volvo) and Eicher Motors Limited (EML), headquartered at New Delhi since July 2008. It is a partnership that brings together global leadership in technology, quality, safety, and environmental care, and aims at driving modernization in the commercial transportation, both in India as well as other developing markets.
The first Eicher truck was rolled out from its manufacturing plant at Pithampur, Madhya Pradesh in 1986, and after completing 31 years of operations in June 2017, the products have got endorsement from happy customers of over 6,14,000 vehicles.
Eicher’s 12-69 seater buses have a growing presence in the LMD school bus, staff and route-permit segments. ETB has also made strong inroads into heavy-duty trucks segment of 16T-49T with their "VE" series of Fuel-Efficient heavy-duty trucks, and the next generation Eicher Pro Series of heavy-duty trucks.
On December 2, 2013, Eicher unveiled its “Eicher Pro” series of future generation trucks and buses at an impressive product reveal function in Pithampur. Adopting the most professional and holistic approach to modernize the Indian trucking industry, the brand’s new “Go Pro” philosophy offers higher productivity, profitability, and prosperity to the customers. The new Pro series promises to deliver:
- Best-in-class fuel efficiency
- Higher loading capacity
- Superior uptime
- Higher overall vehicle lifetime profitably
Volvo Trucks is the first manufacturer to introduce the European design, high-performance trucks with state-of-the-art technologies in India. For an all-round solution, Volvo pioneered the driver training concept in the commercial vehicles segment in India, and has trained over 30,000 drivers operating Volvo vehicles across the country. Complementing the trucks, Volvo offers a wide range of Service Agreements to help customers plan the maintenance of their vehicles.
Commemorating the successful completion of 10 years of partnership, VECV announced the commencement of commercial production at the technologically most advanced engine manufacturing plant in India at Pithampur, Madhya Pradesh. The initial capacity of the plant was set at 25,000 units per annum in Phase 1 at an investment of Rs 375 crores, and was due to increase to 100,000 units per annum with an additional investment of Rs 125 crores.
- Global hub for meeting medium-duty automotive engine requirements of Volvo Group for five and eight-liter engines
- The Euro 6-compliant diesel base engines will be supplied to Volvo Group plant in Venissieux, France, where they will be assembled for the Volvo Group Euro 6 requirements
- The same platform will be adapted to Euro 3 and 4 engine (BS3/BS4) technologies to meet the VECV and other Volvo Group requirements for this type of engines in Asia
Eicher Engineering Components (EEC)
To tap the potential in the fast growing auto components and engineering sector and to cater the demands of the driveline and associated components of the globe, EEC has emerged as a paragon in gear manufacturing capabilities. World class facilities, offering high precision gearing solutions, Units were setup at Dewas (Madhya Pradesh), Pithampur (Madhya Pradesh) and in Thane (Maharashtra). The company has achieved excellence in manufacturing Power-train components and Gearbox assemblies for a worldwide clientele in the OEM and Aftermarket realm. In recent years, the group has continually invested in innovation, technology and expansion. As a result, the units continue to expand their capacities and efficiency, while adhering to their core principal of quality and manufacturing excellence.
- Off-road, Mining Equipments and Material handling industries
- Gained to design, engineer and manufacture complex gearing systems produced at the facilities having one of the finest machining capabilities and technology
- Equipped with the Gleason, Leibherr and Lorenz cutting technology
- Highest tonnage capacity of Heat treatment channelized through SQF, Nitriding or CGCF, Shot Peening, Shot Blasting and cream of the crop Swiss technology based Grinding capabilities purveys increased productivity and finishing.
- Fortified Inspection capabilities and quality systems maintains the harmonious standards of quality.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited designs and manufactures Eicher’s automotive & non-automotive engines with best-in-class technology. The engines come with better design and enhanced aesthetic value, and are known for their high reliability, consistent quality, and high-fuel efficiency. The Engines and Gensets are also exported to regions like Middle East, Africa & SAARC Nations.
- Remarkable Fuel Economy with Unmatched Engine Protections
- 10%-15% over most of the other Engines
- Low maintenance cost and longer service intervals
- Robust, high-reliability engines with in-built oil cooler for continuous operations
- Construction Equipment, Material Handling, Marine, Agro and Pumping
- Superior Accessibility of all Service points
- Availability of Spare Parts across the country
- Quick Starting & smooth running
- Excellent Block Loading Capacity
- Excellent & unmatched fuel Efficiency
- Longer Product Life Cycle